1. Blackburn, K., N. Bose, & Haque, M. E. 2010. Endogenous corruption in economic development, Journal of Economic Studies 37 (1): 4‐25.
2. Dean .N, Jeff. E, Abu Shiraz .R, Daniel. M. 2012. Accounting and networks of corruption. Accounting, Organizations and Society. doi:10.1016/j.aos.2012.01.003
3. Dehkordi,H., M.aghaei.2015. 'Dividend Policy and Opportunistic Financial Reporting', Empirical Studies in Financial Accounting 12(45)(in Persian)
4. DiRienzo, C., Das, J., Cord, K., & Burbridge, J. 2007. Corruption and the role of information. Journal of International Business Studies 38(2): 320-332.
5. Dichev, I. , Graham, J. , Harvey, C. R. , &Rajgopal, S. 2012. Earnings quality: Evidence from the field. Article in press.
6. Dichow, P. & Dichev, I. .2002. The quality of accruals and earnings: the role accrual estimation errors. The accounting review 77 (S-1): 35-59.
7. Elias, R.Z. 2002. Determinants of earnings management ethics among accountants, Journal of Business Ethics 40 (1): 33-45.
8. Everett, J., Neu, D., & Rahaman, A. S. 2007. Accounting and the global fight against corruption. Accounting, Organizations and Society 32(6): 513–542.
9. FASB. 1980. Concepts Statement No. 2: Qualitative Characteristics of Accounting Information, Financial Accounting Standards Board
10. Francis, J. , R. LaFond, P. Olsson, and K. Schipper. 2004. Costs of Equity and Earnings Attributes. The Accounting Review 79(85): 967-1010.
11. Hall, T. and Yago, G. 2000. Estimating the cost of opacity using sovereign bond spreads”, Policy Brief, No. 13, Milken Institute, Santa Monica, CA, April
12. Hope, O.K. 2003. Firm level disclosures and the relative roles of culture and legal origin. Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting 14(3): 218-248.
13. Houqe, N. and Monem, R. 2013. Corruption, Political Institutions, and Accounting Environment:A Cross-country Study.Paper presented at the 2013 annual The International Journal of Accounting Symposium, 17 – 20 May, Wuhan, P. R. China
14. Houqe, N. and Monem, R. 2016. IFRS adoption, extent of disclosure and perceived corruption: a cross-country study”, The International Journal of Accounting 51(2): 363-378.
15. Jensen, M.C. and Mackling, W.H. 1976. Theory of the firm: managerial behavior, agency costs, and ownership structure”, Journal of Financial Economics 3(12):305–360.
16. Jeppesen, K.K.2018. The role of auditing in the fight against corruption, The British Accounting Review, doi: 10.1016/j.bar.2018.06.001.
17. Kimbro, M.B. 2002. A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation of Corruption and Its Relationship to Economic, Cultural, and Monitoring Institutions: An Examination of the Role of Accounting and Financial Statements Quality. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance 17(4):325-350.
18. Klitgaard, R. 2006. Introduction: subverting corruption, Global Crime 7(3-4), 299-307
19. Lourenço, I., Rathke, K., Santana, V. & Branco, M. 2018. The effects of corruption on earnings management. Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society 18(1): 35-51.
20. Macrae, J. 1982. Underdevelopment and the economics of corruption: a game theory approach”, World Development 8 (10) :677-687.
21. Malaguen˜ o, R., Albrecht, C., Ainge, C. and Stephens, N. 2010. Accounting and corruption: a crosscountry analysis, Journal of Money Laundering Control 13 (4): 372-393
22. Mazzi.F, R. Slack, Ioannis T.2018. The effect of corruption and culture on mandatory disclosure compliance levels: goodwill reporting in Europe. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation. S1061-9518(18): 30130-7
23. McNichols, M. & Stubben, S. 2008. Does earnings management affect firms’ investment decisions. The Accounting Review 86(89): 1571– 1603
24. Perols, J. L., & Lougee, B. A. (2011). The relation between earnings management and financial statement fraud. Advances in Accounting, 27 (1), 39 – 53.
25. Riahi-Belkaoui, A. 2004. Effects of corruption on earnings opacity internationally, Advances in International Accounting 17(12):73-84.
26. Sadeghian, M., Banimahd, B., Jahangir Nia, H., Gholami Jamkarani, R. 2019. 'Machiavellianism, Idealism, Relativism, Fraudulent financial reporting.', Accounting and Auditing Review 26(3):413-434. doi: 10.22059/acctgrev.2019.274381.1008100(in Persian).
27. Shleifer, A., & Vishny, R. 1993. Corruption. The Quarterly Journal of Economics 108(3): 599–617.
28. Tingting L, Yu L, Barkat U, Zuobao W, Lixin C.(2021). The dark side of transparency in developing countries: The link between financial reporting practices and corruption. Journal of Corporate Finance.66(23).1-23
29. Van der Meulen, S., Gaeremynck, A. & Willekens, M. 2007. Attribute differences between U.S. GAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study. The international Journal of Accounting 42(41): 123-142
30. World Bank Institute. 2012. Governance data: Web-interactive inventory of datasets and empirical tools. Washington, DC. Available at: http://www.worldbank. org/wbi/governance/govdatasets/index.html
31. Wu, X. 2005. Corporate Governance and Corruption: A Cross‐Country Analysis, Governance: An International Journal of Policy, Administration and Institutions 18 (2): 151‐170.