1. Abdolmohammadi, M., G. D’Onza, and G. Sarens. 2016. Benchmarking Internal Audit Maturity: A High-Level Look at Audit Planning & Processes Worldwide, The Global Internal Audit Common Body of Knowledge, CBOK 2015 Practitioner Survey, the IIA research Foundation (IIARF), July.
2. Agut, S., R. Grau, and J.M. Peiro´. 2003. Competency needs among managers from Spanish hotels and restaurants and their training demands. International Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol.22,No. 3: 281–295.
3. Aitken, K., and K. Von Treuer. 2014. Organisational and leadership competencies for successful service integration. Leadership in Health Services, 27(2): 150-180.
4. Badara, M.S., and S.Z. Sadin. 2013. The Journey so far on Internal Audit Effectiveness: a Calling for Expansion. international Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Vol. 3, No.3: 340-351.
5. BarclaySimpson, 2012. corporate governance recruitment market report 2012 internal audit. See more at: http://www.barclaysimpson.com/ document_ uploaded/BS2012_ IntAuditMR.pdf.
6. Brown, L., B. George, and C. Mehaffey-Kultgen. 2018. The development of a competency model and its implementation in a power utility cooperative: an action research study. Industrial and Commercial Training, 50(3): 123-135.
7. Burton, F.G., M. Starliper, S.L. Summers, and D.A. Wood. 2012. Recruiting internal auditors: The effects of using the internal audit function as a management training ground and performing consulting services. Social Sciences Research Network.
8. Christ, M.H., A. Masli, N.Y. Sharp, and D.A. Wood. 2012. Using the internal audit function as a management training ground: Is the monitoring effectiveness of internal auditors compromised. SSRN Electronic Journal. https://doi. org/10.2139/ssrn, 1946518.
9. Cochran, G. 2009. Developing a Competency Model for a 21th Century Extension Organization, Ohio State University, a doctor of dissertation.
10. Corbin, J. M., and A. Strauss. 1990. Grounded theory research: Procedures, canons, and evaluative criteria. Qualitative sociology, 13(1): 3-21.
11. Creswell, J. 2005. Research Design: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches, 2nd edition, Thousand Oaks, California.
12. Desai, N. K., G. J. Gerard, and A. Tripathy. 2011. Internal Audit Sourcing Arrangements and Reliance by External Auditors. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 30 (1): 149-171.
13. Desai, R., V. Desai, T. Libby, and R.P. Srivastava. 2017. External auditors’ evaluation of the internal audit function: An empirical investigation, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Volume 24, February: 114-124.
14. Dubois, D. D., W.J. Rothwell, D. J., Stern, and L.K. Kemp. 2004. Competency-based human resource management. Palo Alto, CA: Davies-Black Publishing.
15. Ege, M. S. 2013. Does internal audit function quality deter management misconduct? University Of Texas at Austin.
16. Ege, M.S. 2015. Does Internal Audit Function Quality Deter Management Misconduct? The Accounting Review, 90(2): 495-527.
17. Esser, A., Kahrens, M., Mouzughi, Y., & Eomois, E. 2018. A female leadership competency framework from the perspective of male leaders. Gender in Management: An International Journal, 33(2): 138-166.
18. Gramling, A. A., M. J. Maletta, A. Schneider, and B. K. Church. 2004. The Role of the Internal Audit Function in Corporate Governance: A Synthesis of the Extant Internal Auditing Literature and Directions for Future Research. Journal of Accounting Literature 23:194-244.
19. Gros, M., and S. Koch. 2017. Internal audit function quality and financial reporting: results of a survey on German listed companies, Journal of Management & Governance, June, Volume 21, Issue 2: 291–329.
20. Khalid, A. A., H. Haron, and T.A. Masron. 2018. Competency and effectiveness of internal Shariah audit in Islamic financial institutions. Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, 9(2): 201-221.
21. Kregel, I., N. Ogonek, and B. Matthies. 2019. Competency profiles for lean professionals–an international perspective. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 68(2): 423-446.
22. Lawler, E. E. 1994. From job-based to competency-based organizations. Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 15, No.1: 3-15.
23. Lee, Y. 2010. Exploring high-performers’ required competencies, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 37: 434–439.
24. Lenz, R. 2013.Insights into the effectiveness of internal audit: a multi-method and multi-perspective study, dissertation at the Université catholique de Louvain – Louvain School of Management Research Institute.
25. Lin, S., M. Pizzini, M. Vargus, and I.R. Bardhan. 2011. The role of the internal audit function in the disclosure of material weaknesses. The Accounting Review, 86(1): 287-323.
26. Malaescu, I., and S.G. Sutton. 2015. The Reliance of External Auditors on Internal Audit’s Use of Continuous Audit, Journal of Information Systems, Spring, Vol. 29, No. 1: 95-114.
27. Messier Jr, W.F., J.K. Reynolds, C.A. Simon, and D.A. Wood. 2011. The effect of using the internal audit function as a management training ground on the external auditor's reliance decision. The accounting review, 86(6): 2131-2154.
28. Meyer, M. A. 2019. Competencies required for healthcare improvement positions. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance.
29. Pizzini, M., S. Lin, and D.E. Ziegenfuss. 2015. The Impact of Internal Audit Function Quality and Contribution on Audit Delay, A Journal of Practice & Theory, February 2015, Vol. 34, No. 1: 25-58.
30. Prawitt, D.F., J.L. Smith, and D.A. Wood. 2009. Internal audit quality and earnings management. The accounting review, 84(4):1255-1280.
31. Seol, I., J. Sarkis, and F. Lefley. 2011. Factor structure of the competency framework for internal auditing (CFIA) skills for entering level internal auditors. International Journal of Auditing, 15(3): 217-230.
32. Strauss, A., & J.M. Corbin. 1990. Basics of qualitative research: Grounded theory procedures and techniques. Sage Publications, Inc.
33. Tehseen, S., F.U. Ahmed, Z.H. Qureshi, and M.J. Uddin. 2019. Entrepreneurial competencies and SMEs’ growth: the mediating role of network competence. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, 11(1): 2-29.
34. The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). 2011. Recruitment Strategies for Tomorrow’s Internal.
35. Trivellas, P., and C. Drimoussis. 2013. Investigating Leadership Styles, Behavioural and Managerial Competency Profiles of Successful Project Managers in Greece, Social and Behavioral Sciences,vol. 73: 692 – 700
36. Uhbiyati, N. 2015. A competency-based model of the human resource development management of ustadz at salaf boarding school. International Journal of Educational Management, 29(5): 695-708.
37. Viitala, R. 2005. Perceived development needs of managers compared to an integrated management competency model, Journal of Workplace Learning. 17(8): 436-442.
38. Weatherly, L. A. 2005. Competency models series part I: Competency models – an overview. Available from Society for Human Resource Management: http://shrm.org
39. Wu, T. H., S.M. Huang, S.Y. Huang, and D.C. Yen. 2016. The effect of competencies, team problem-solving ability, and computer audit activity on internal audit performance. Information Systems Frontiers: 1-16.